DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL AND PADDLING COMPETITION 2023
Confucius institute Ljubljana in cooperation with Canoe Federation of Slovenia kindly invites you to attend the DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL with a paddling competition on Saturday, June 24th 2023 at 13:00 at Ljubljanica river under the Prule bridge.
Everyone who wishes to actively participate is welcome to sign up HERE.
Every team should consist of 6-8 paddlers and one drummer.
You can also sign up as an individual. We will put together an extra team out of everyone who signs up individually.
Applications are open until June 10th 2023! It will not be possible to sign up on the day of the festival.
The teams will get a chance to train / try out the dragon boats before the competition on Wednesday, June 21st in the afternoon and Friday, June 23rd in the afternoon.
For more information you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you apply please make sure to read the rules of the competition:
- Teams compete against each other in dragon boats. Each team consists of 8 paddlers and 1 drummer.
- All team members must be over 18 years old or accompanied by an adult.
- All team members must be able to swim.
- Wearing a safety vest during the race is mandatory.
- All members must sign the registration form with a liability waiver.
- The steersperson for each boat and the safety vests will be provided by the Canoe Association.
- The competition will be speed-based.
- On the day of the event, between 11 AM and 12:30 PM we will be signing up the teams. At that time you will be able to try out the boats one more time.
Everyone who doesn't wish to compete will be able to watch and cheer fort he teams, enjoy the Chinese food and feel the true spirit of the Dragon Boat Festival!
You can see what our last year's Dragon Boat Festival celebration in Ljubljana looked like here.